Links, letters, and lots of thoughts from a rabble rouser at AU. All the information one could humanly find on the situation at American University is posted here. Get informed and get involved.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Questions?

By the way guys, if anyone has questions on the letter from the 4 former trustees posted below, esp. on some of the more specific stuff, please comment and I'll do my best to answer it. I should be able to answer most of the specific questions you guys could come up with.

My personal stance on the letter? These 4... they're the ones who are looking out for us, and they're the ones telling the truth. I wouldn't trust the current board or its members further than I could throw them (and for those of you who haven't seen my pathetic, puny arm muscles, let me tell you, it's about an inch).

I bet we'll get another weak rebuttal about moving on and the wonderful future the BOT can provide all us students who pay $40K a year... don't buy it. No confidence in this BOT means we don't trust them. They have been reactive, not proactive. We have the jump on them. They think they can outlast us on this. We have to show them that is not the case!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg, Thanks for all you've done. What are you doing to give this letter the widest distribution possible? Do you still think this Board feels no pressure to resign as they stated last week?

9:14 PM

 
Blogger Meg said...

Re: letter... we're hoping that the Eagle runs it in its entirety, but we are distributing it on listservs, etc. Professors have also been working on distributing it amongst themselves.

Re: resignation: I don't think they're any more inclined to resign, but I think they're really starting to feel it. Jack Cassell told me hw would never think of resigning, but it was sort of out of nowhere in the conversation, so they may be a bit more worried about this...

11:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home